Why Switzerland is One of Kind Travelling Experience
Switzerland maybe a small country, but there are plenty of things to do that will keep you on your toes. Once you are there, no matter which way you turn, you will find a gorgeous panorama spread out before you.
When to visit
The good thing with Switzerland is that you can visit any time of the year. This is because there is always something to do regardless of the weather. You can hike, ski, swim, or engage in whatever activities you like.
What to expect in Switzerland
If you decide to holiday in this beautiful country, you will get four different climate zones all in one package.
- There are the vast meadows of central Switzerland and the scenic Jura highland
- There is the Swiss Riviera to the West and the Mediterranean flair to the South
- There is the exciting alpine background all around with urban centers strewn in-between
The following are some of the adventurous activities that will make your trip to Switzerland unforgettable:
- Hiking – With more than 3700 miles of marked hiking trails, Switzerland is a prime location for trekkers, walkers, and hikers. Even if you decide to go off-road, you will be hard pressed to find a no-trespassing sign. Be it some light walking, a hike up a mountain trail, or a trek along an alpine route, you will still experience the remarkable panoramas of this diverse country ranging from flower-filled meadows to alpine landscapes.
- Cycling – If you love cycling, or would like to try it, you can buy a bike or rent one. There are various leisure bike routes that crisscross the country. Bike riding can be a really fun adventure particularly if you have someone to ride downhill with.
- Take a dip – Even though Switzerland is referred to as an island in the middle of Europe, it is nowhere close to any major sea. However, if you decided to holiday here, you can take a dip in the Swiss Riviera, Seedorf Weggis, or the Ticino.
- Fly High – There is no better way to enjoy the scenic landscapes of Switzerland than from above. Sky diving, hang gliding, or parachuting will provide you with a remarkable view of this breath-taking country. In addition, if you happen to be an adrenaline junkie, bungee jumping from some of the highest towers and bridges in the country can do the trick.
- Feasting on delicacies – Switzerland is practically the culinary center of the world. Some of the local delicacies are a combination of Austrian, Italian, German, and French cuisine that will give your taste buds a run for their money. You can savor these local specials at a local or international restaurant in the country.
Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. It also offers visitors with a wide variety of things to do. Regardless of what time you decide to visit, you will find it to be memorable experience.