The Bahamas is well known for its’ beautiful beaches and wonderful weather, which is one of the reasons why many cruise companies include it as one of its’ major cruise destinations. This popular cruise destination includes many vocational activities including snorkeling, golfing, visiting historical sites, basking in the sun, among others. Bahamas is also the birthplace of Gulf Stream; a phenomenon which also accounts for the abundance and wide variety of marine life.
Bahamas has many other attractions like the Paradise Island (which has many attractions in itself) and Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation. There are monuments and Forts all over Nassau city, and they’re open every single day for your pleasure. There are several art galleries like the Bahamas National Art Gallery, National Treasury building, D’Aguliar Art foundation, among many others, where you will get to enjoy viewing Bahamian works of art.
The Bahamas islands are a very popular place for many water activities including `scuba diving in the cool ocean, and some of its’ destinations like the Atlantis has water parks along with swimming with dolphins at Dolphin Encounters; The Dolphin encounters is an all natural sea water dolphin facility which has California Sea Lions and Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins.
Today, there are many cruise lines which operate private island retreats in Bahamas. Some of the best cruise companies offering cruises to Bahamas include;
- Carnival Cruise Line – Carnival cruise ships usually sail between Florida and Bahamas with cruises which range between 2 and 6 days long. The ships port in Nassau, Freeport and Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.
- Disney Cruise Line – Disney Cruise Line offers 3, 4 and 5 night Disney themed Bahama cruises aboard Disney Wonder. Cruises set sail from the Port Canaveral in Florida.
- Celebrity Cruises – The Celebrity Cruise offers 3 day cruises aboard Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship which departs from Miami, to Nassau during the winter.
- Royal Caribbean – The ship depart from Port Canaveral, Florida and Miami.
- Norwegian Cruise Line – This is the only cruise line which offers cruises to Bahamas Islands from New York City, aboard Norwegian Gem and Jewel. The cruises are offered all year round.
Toss your schedule and set sail on a Bahamian cruise today, to discover a brand new world of sand, sun and surf blended with the recreation, leisure, and the magic of the great tropics. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a tropical adventure, or a great time with your family, you will find the perfect cruise ship for your particular needs.
Best Time To Cruise to Bahamas
One can cruise to Bahamas at any given time. However, the best time is between June 1st and November 30th when there is less congestion.