If you are looking for the ultimate romance experience, summer Paris is easily the best city for you. Usually referred to as the City of Love, many couples visit the numerous monuments, medieval structures and sites all year round.
In fact, there are more visitors to the French capital than anywhere else in the country. Many people travel there for honeymoons, Valentine’s Day celebrations and on random romantic getaways. The following are reasons why you should go there.
- Montmartre – Montmartre is a renown pilgrimage destination for romantic tourists. It is home to the world-famous Sacred Heart Basilica. To access the Basilica’s lofty domes, you will have to scale the numerous steep staircases of the Montmartre, set on the hillside. There are adorable vistas from the main dome and the front steps. On the neighborhood is the Museum of Montmartre, an artistic 17th century manor. It is here that impressionist and realist painters Renoir and Suzanne Valadon worked from. You will especially love the rope swings from trees in the compound. Learn how to say Je t’aime (I love you) in 250 different languages while at the des Abbesses. Artists Claire Kito and Frederic Baron painted this place, usually called the I Love You Wall, on lava tiles.
- The Eiffel Tower – The Eiffel Tower perhaps hosts more wedding proposals than any other monument in the world. Make your way there and scale the three floors of the iconic tower. From there, you have a panoramic view of the entire city. This is especially romantic at night as the lights sweep across the city. You will marvel at the 20,000 gold lights that sparkle in an otherwise dark section.
- The French Romantics – Take a walk south of the des Abbesses and enter the Musee de la Vie Romantique. This is a romantic mansion sitting in a courtyard in a tree-shaded pathway. It has enormous tangled gardens and green shutters. During summer, this is the ultimate destination for any couple in search of a romantic-themed treasure hunt. You will experience 19th century romance nostalgia. At the same time, join hundreds of other couples romancing here under the warm sun-lit weather.
- Bateaux Parisiens and Bateaux Mouches – If you want to sail around with your loved one, visit any of the two rivers and get into a rowing boat. Here, you are guaranteed to find two things-serenity and romance. When done, stroll around the woods and into the Jardin Shakespeare. The flowers, trees and plants mentioned in Shakespeare’s plays grow here.
- Wind up the day at any of the numerous bistros in Paris. While you can order a dinner for two, savor the European delicacies and exotic wines.