Once considered a destination that’s exclusively for the famous, the beautiful islands of Turks and Caicos now welcomes visitors from all walks of lives to its breathtaking beaches and relaxing atmosphere. Also referred to as TCI, Turks and Caicos is a British territory that consists of 2 groups of islands. The largest is the Caicos islands, while Turks is the smaller one.
Thanks to having the third largest coral system on the planet, TCI has beautiful white sand, clean beaches and crisp clear turquoise waters, making them an ideal place for a family getaway or a new family adventure. The beauty of Turks and Caicos islands is you can easily design your vacation to suit your particular needs. With more than 40 islands and numerous cays, there is plenty to do; Here are some of the hings you can do with your family in Turks and Caicos:
- Check Out the Turks and Caicos National Museum – Located in the Grand Turk, checking out this museum is a great way to learn the history of the entire island including lives of its’ former slaves and even historical shipwrecks. You can also take your kids to check out the TCI Natural Resources Museum. It’s located at the Department of Environment & Maritime Affairs (DEMA). It offers kids the opportunity to learn more about the various islands and the animals found there.
- Go Under and Explore in a Semi Submarine – The semi submarine exploration is an experience your kid will never forget. You will stay dry while going under the surface in a safe, semi submersible Explorer. The semi submarine is an excellent way for your kids to take a closer look at the magnificent coral and marine life. The tour guide show various types of fishes and many other sea creatures. Your kids will also be entertained with fun trivia and quirky lesson on the Turks and Caicos sea life.
- Horseback Riding – This is another exhilarating experience which is ideal for the families with kids. Whether you are experienced or you are beginners, you will all enjoy a relaxing beach side ride. You will get to enjoy spectacular scenery while galloping along the beach.
- Beach Hunting – TCI beaches rank among the best not only in the Caribbean, but also in the world. They are clean and they surround each of the island’s like a beautiful white ribbon. You and your family can relax in the beach chairs and simply listen to the flow of waves. You can got to Grace Bay which is known for its’ clear turquoise waters and pristine white sands.
- Bird Watching – If you or your family like bird watching, then this is the place for you. The inland marshes and salt ponds are perfect feeding grounds for both migratory and resident birds; it’s home to more tan 170 bird species. Here you might get to see; Terns, Frigates, Great Blue Herons, Osprey, Flamingos, Pelicans, Egrets, and many other birds.
Best Time of Year
The best time of the year to visit TCI really depends on what you want out of your vacation, what you like doing, and various other factors. Depending on your desires and preferences, there are times of year which might be better for you than some others. That said, the best time to visit TCI is between the months of April and May; during this sweet spot, you will enjoy fewer crowds and lower prices. December to mid April is the peak season, and the hotel prices are relatively high.