In addition to its remarkable scenic coastline covering the Baja Peninsula, the western region of Mexico consists of three states and a tight grouping of islands that any visitor would be in awe of. For those who would wish to get a once-in-a-lifetime experience of Mexico’s Gold Coast, they is no surer way to do so than by taking a cruise on a luxurious ship. Aside from the wonderful views and cultural enlightenment, travelers can enjoy amenities such as nightclubs, pools, spa treatments, and so much more while on the ship.
Things you can do on wonderful cruise to the Mexican Riviera
- One of the main attractions of this cruise is the Quebrada Cliff Diver show held in Acapulco. It entails daring young athletes who gracefully jump head first from steep cliffs lining the water. Also, when the night sets in, you can find divers doing their routines with torches in hand.
- During the cruise, guests can expect to find various ports along the Riviera with excursions where they can spot some beautiful looking whales. For those who want to see more than these ocean giants, you can check out some dolphins and sea lions in La Paz.
- There is also the El Arco which is an arch that was created by the ocean currents seen along the coast. According to those who have been there, the spot is considered as one of the most romantic places in the country.
- If you are an old time explorer at heart, you can opt to ride on horseback when the ships docks and explore the Yelapa Forest, which is situated just outside of Puerto Vallarta. The area also has a breathtaking waterfall that you are sure to enjoy.
- For those who want to try out different kinds of delicacies than what you are used to at home, you can try out the fish taco in Ensenada. This fresh and quick taco dish substitutes ground beef for fried or grilled fish. In case you didn’t know, it was invented in Ensenada and is in fact a very popular dish among surfers and residents of southern California.
Cruise lines that go there. The following are some of the main cruises to the Mexican Riviera:
- Disney Wonder Cruises
- Princess Cruises
- Holland America Line Cruises
- Ruby Princess Cruises
- Carnival Miracle Cruises
- Star Princess Cruises
The weather in the Mexican Riviera tends to be quite nice for most of the year, so taking a cruise when you are free shouldn’t be much of a problem.