Situated in the heart of Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, also known as simply “Playa” by the locals, is one of the most rapidly growing coastal cities in the world. It is an easily accessible location, with stunning scenery and offers lots of family adventures which makes it one of the most popular destinations for sun seeking vacationers.
This beautiful city is famous for its’ numerous special events, natural beauty, sheltered beaches with aqua blue water and silky white sands, and great weather. If you are traveling with your family to Playa, you can be rest assured there’s something for every member of your family, whatever the tastes may be.
Family Experiences in Playa del Carmen
- Chichen Itza tour can make a perfect family day trip. Chichen Itza is one of the most famous Mayan ruin destinations, and it provides phenomenal photographing opportunities for families, and very interesting insights into the fascinating Mayan culture.
- The region offers spectacular natural beauty and will greatly appeal to you and your family, especially if you like animals and nature. Playa is actually the best spot to set up a family day trip and enjoy endless natural attractions. Alternatively, you and your family can decided to go on a group expedition to explore the remote beautiful places of Playa.
- You will find gorgeous eco adventure parks, golfing courses and pristine beaches, along with excellent fishing, snorkeling and diving in Playa del Carmen. You can get to fill your days with heart pumping excursions, or you simply lounge and relax with your family on the white sandy beaches.
- While in Playa del Carmen, you can take your family to check out the Mayan archaeological site, and also don’t miss visiting the beautiful eco parks such as Xel-Ha, Xplor, Xcaret, or Xenses.
- Strolling the 5th Ave (also known as La Quinta), is a popular activity in the evenings. Here’s where you will really get to feel the amazing, vibrant energy of this gorgeous city. There are lots of artisan shops and modern stores where you can buy souvenirs for your family.
- Less than 1/2 hour away from Playa del Carmen, there’s a very beautiful botanical garden. The garden has a big colony of spider monkeys and a wide variety of birds which makes for a great family experience.
The best time to visit Playa is between May and October because there is less congestion, and you will have the chance to choose good accommodation for your family.