What to leave at home and what take with you, is always most difficult question when traveling. This is why so many people end up with a suitcase that’s way too full or too bulky. Whether you are planning on enjoying a romantic weekend getaway, or going on a long vacation, learning how to become a truly efficient packer can greatly enhance your overall enjoyment. Of course, packing for travel involves personal preferences and decisions; everyone has his/her own idea of style and comfort. That being so, by following some simple pro packing tips, you can shed the excess weight and travel lighter. Here are some pro tips to travel lighter:
- Only pack the must haves, and not the nice to haves – It is rather easy for one to get into “what if” scenarios when packing for travel. If it is your first major trip, you may end up packing a lot of things just because having more stuff feels somewhat safe and comforting. You need to clear your head off the what ifs, and focus on packing the essentials only.
- Fold your clothes using the rolling technique – Folding your clothes correctly is very important for traveling light. Take the clothes which don’t wrinkle easily, roll them tightly, and then stack them side by side; from bottom to top. If you are not able to roll some clothes like a jacket, you can try another good folding technique which will not use up a lot of space.
- Put/stuff things inside other things – You can pack the small items like the chargers and socks, into the shoes, boots or trainers, so as to save space in your suitcase. You can even pop any small jewellery you might have into the socks before you stuff them into your shoes. Use every space available in your suitcase by shoving something into it.
- Wear your heaviest or bulkiest clothes and shoes en route – If you have to carry a heavy jacket or coat, you can wear it as you go to board the plane. If you need to bring boots, you can also wear them en route. Wearing your heaviest and bulkiest clothes and shoes en route will save a lot of space on your suitcase.
- Pack the accessories, the lighter clothes, and other smaller items at the very end – This technique will fill in the nooks and crannies, make the lotions and liquids easily accessible.
- Buy certain stuff – You can always purchase some things which you may need while traveling.