The holidays are almost here, and here are some of our suggestions for unique travel gifts.
- Bugsaway Clothing ($35+) – Anyone who travels as much as your globetrotting friend or family member is bound to end up in some place with plenty of them. Exofficio’s Bugsaway Clothing, which come treated with Permethrin, can do a good enough job of keeping those flying disease-mongers at bay. Each garment will retain its repellent powers for up to 70 washes, too, giving travelers protection from two-winged bloodsuckers for a whole load of adventures.
- Lifestraw ($14) – Lifestraw is not just compact and lightweight, it’s incredibly potent, removing 99.99999% of waterborne bacteria, taking out 99.8% of waterborne protozoan parasites, and reducing water turbidity by approximately 0.2 microns, meeting or exceeding all EPA standards for efficacy. It’s easy to use, too — just stick the contraption into a not-quite-sure-whether-clean water source (be it a lake, a puddle or a magical oasis in the desert) and start sipping through the straw, running water through the integrated tube straight to your mouth.
- GRID-IT Wrap ($32) – The Grid-It is always a safe bet for a holiday gift. Even if someone already has two of them, they can always use one more with the gaggle of gadgets, tools, and gear we’re continually accumulating. This set is one of our go-to picks, bundling a 12″ x 8″ Grid-It panel with a customizable weave of elastic straps and an integrated tablet pocket in the rear.
- MeCam ($70) – MeCam is the hands-free wearable video camera that can be worn as a necklace or be pinned to your shirt (or pinned to anything) to capture video from that point of view. What makes this special is that it’s small, lightweight, and can shoot in low-light/dark conditions through Infrared LED lights built into the device.
- Tarriss Jetsetter Digital Luggage Scale ($17) – Traveling has never been more expensive or stressful. Why worry about your bags at check-in, getting stung with extra fees and facing the embarrassment of repacking in public? With this digital luggage scale, you’ll never pay unexpected overweight bag fees again.