Kenya's Samburu & Masai Mara
Embark on a classic East African safari. As you travel through Kenya, spot great herds of elephant on the savanna, encounter Maasai and Samburu warriors, search for the northern Big Five in Samburu and watch lion and leopard stalk gazelle in the Maasai. Begin and end your journey in Nairobi where you can shop for handicrafts at the Maasai market and learn about conservation efforts at the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant and Rhino Orphanage.
- Spot the "northern Big Five" - beisa oryx, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk, Grevy's zebra and Somali ostrich - in Samburu National Reserve
- Search for large herds of elephants, as well as crocodiles lazing on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River
- Visit local villages and interact with the friendly Samburu people and learn about their culture
- Encounter abundant wildlife and watch the spectacle of predator and prey in the famous Masai Mara
- Visit the Giraffe Center and the famed Daphne Sheldrick Elephant and Rhino Orphanage in Nairobi